CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 08, 2008

Google is a terrible thing...

Just thought I'd take a quick moment to update what is going on with McKinzie. Over the Thanksgiving weekend, she had some bloody drainage from her left ear. We saw her doctor then on Monday and he thought she had maybe just coughed and irritated the tube in her ear, but thought she was fine. Then on Thursday she had a little bit of a fever so we gave her some tyenol and she seemed to be ok. Well then Friday night she was up all night, every 2 hours. So Saturday morning I bundled her up and headed back to the doctor. This doctor seemed rather puzzled. He said that there was still fresh blood in her ear and thought that the blood was coming from the inner ear on the other side of the tube. So he concluded that it was possibly an inner ear infection. So he started us on ear drops and an oral antibiotic. Well Kinzie shrieks every time we put drops in her ears and cries for an hour after we do it. She walks around saying "owie, owie."

So I talked to her ENT today and they want us to bring her back to the hospital on Wednesday to look at her ear under a microscope and make sure there is no debris in her ear or any other damage causes by her tubes. Tonight she was running a fever of 102 so she clearly does not feel well. I just googled all the possible things that could have gone wrong with Kinzie's ear and it terrified me. I've concluded google is not always a good thing! Anyway, I'm trying not to worry about it but now it seems like Wednesday can't come soon enough. Please say a prayer that Kinzie's ears will heal.

0 comments: