Gross picture but Kinzie was in awe of the fireworks
Cookie face at the racesSo Happy 4th of July and Happy Birthday to Kinzie's Grandpa Smith. We didn't do a whole this holiday weekend except relax and enjoy each others company. Thursday night we went to the horse races with some friends and watched fireworks. I think the fireworks were the only time McKinzie sat still all night. There was a live band so McKinzie enjoyed dancing and petting the horses between races. On Friday we hung out at home most of the day except for going to the splash park. Today was the same except we went to the pool this afternoon. This was the first weekend in almost a month that we have got to spend together so it was nice to relax.
Next week brings changes to our lives again though. I am teaching summer school at Forest Hills Elementary where I did my student teaching. I will have some of the same students I had last fall so I'm pretty excited. It is only half day Monday thru Thursday so that will be nice to have afternoons off with McKinzie. McKinzie will also be starting a new day care. We have moved her to a day care closer to home at a church nearby. My friend takes her son there so we thought we'd try it. We are praying for a smooth transition for her (and mommy too!) After July, mom is unemployed again (except for substitute teaching) so we are praying that I find something full time soon so we can get back to house hunting. We hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable weekend!

0 comments:
Post a Comment